Being a bit of a goal junkie, and after a brief but enlightening consultation with the wisest man I know in triathlon (no names mentioned Keith Lewis of the SwimShed), here is the list of my 10 simple (but achievable) goals for Ironman Austria 2013. My training will be focused solely on reaching these objectives.
- To get to the start both injury-free and still happily married.
- To get to the start knowing that it might be a non-wetsuit swim and still be happy and confident (This is important).
- To reach the finish under my own steam, conscious and still able to smile down the finishing shoot.
- To help anyone who needs it along the way, if I can.
- To support fellow Shed triathletes when and where possible.
- To earn and get the IM tattoo (sad but true) as soon as is humanly possible after the event.
- To show Alfie and Lola (the tiddlers) that absolutely anything is possible.
- To raise money for some worthy causes I’ve engaged with recently.
- To write about my experiences, good and bad, here in this blog.
- And lastly – cliché claxon – to generally try and enjoy the journey.
If anyone has any tips or nuggets they wish to share with me then please don’t be shy, leave a comment, I’ll take all the advice you can give me.